Don’t let WFH (work from home) take a toll on your body. Here are some back pain exercises that will help you to stay fit.
WFH (work from home) has been cumbersome for many Indians. Be it after a hectic office hour or after a long day of household chores, you must be feeling a little pinch or pain on your back. The pain starts from your lower back and may move to the upper back and shoulders. It is always advisable to take good care of yourself before you start experiencing severe health issues.
Back Pain has now become a common issue among people of all age groups, especially young adults who have a busy work life. Spondylitis, Arthritis, Slipped Disc, Cervical, etc. are a result of back pain which you ignore at an early stage but suffer later on. While many of us visit doctors for pain relief, the majority sleep over it thinking that it is usually back pain and will normalise eventually.
An active lifestyle is important to keep yourself free from body and pack pain and to reduce the drawbacks of a desk job. Medicines may have a quick but short-term impact on your back pain. However, regular exercising, of course, only as per your doctor’s recommendation can turn out to be the best back pain relief activity.
Here are few of the back-pain exercises that you can do after taking the advice of your doctor. You do require any heavy-duty equipment for these exercises. You will feel a change and will notice an improvement in your body once you start doing these back pain exercises.
1. Arm and Leg Raise (Bird Dog)
It is known as one of the best exercises for a backpack and is suitable for all age types. To start
- Sit on the floor on your hand and knees.
- Keep shoulders apart and your knees slightly apart.
- Now raise your one leg backward and opposite hand forward.
- Try stretching and hold it for few seconds.
- Repeat it for at least 10 times. With every stretch, increase the hold time.
2. Back Arch (Cobra Pose)
A simple and lower back pain relief exercise that you can do easily on your bed.
- Lay down on your stomach.
- Place your hand below the shoulder.
- Now push up from your arms with your pelvis still on the floor.
- Only raise your back and hold for a minute.
- Repeat it 10 times.
3. Half or One-third Squat
Take advice from your doctor and choose whether to go for half or One-third Squat.
- Keep your feet apart with arms folded or just keep it open outward.
- Bend your knees and keep it slightly parallel to the ground (1/3rd Squat) or
- Bend your knees, keeping it is completely parallel to the ground.
- Breath out when you bend and breathe in when you go up.
- Repeat it for 10 times
4. Hamstring Stretch
You might be facing lower or upper back pain, but it can also be due to the different body parts that are causing the pain. Your back leg may also be a reason for your back pain.
- Lay down on your back.
- Place a towel on the ball of your foot.
- Start pulling the towel slowly towards yourself wherein you will feel a little stretch.
- Hold it for few seconds after you have reached your maximum limit of stretching the leg.
- Repeat the same for 10 times.
5. Partial Crunches
Known as one of the best core-strengthening exercise and can be varied or changed depending upon the purpose for which it is done. For back pain, it is advisable to go slow depending upon how much your pain can support.
- Lay down on your back with bent knees.
- Keep your stomach muscles straight and keep your hand behind your head.
- Now raise your shoulder from the floor and hold for a few seconds.
- Go back to the same position and repeat it 10 times.
This is known as an ideal exercise for people who have spondylosis and are having sleepless nights and heavy days.
6. Knee to Chest
For those who have severe back pain or for elderly people who are not able to stretch their back or cannot stand for long, Knee to the chest is a simple and easy-to-do exercise. Before bed or before afternoon nap or when you go back to bed in the night you may easily do this. However, it is important that you have a good mattress that does not sag and is firm enough to give support from edges and keeps your body in the correct alignment. Coirfit mattress is the Best Retail and online mattress brand that offers advanced mattresses with active back care support and offers orthopaedic properties and is durable. You can even opt for their comfy yoga mat for a better grip.
For knee to chest exercise, all you need to do is:
- Lay on your back with bend knees
- Bring your bent knee towards your chest with another leg on the ground and hold for a few seconds.
- Make sure that your lower back is flat on the floor.
- Do the same on the other side and repeat it 10 times.
7. Gluten Bridge
It gives strength to the body and helps you to get relief from back pain. Your back and lower body get stretched and you can find the exact area that is causing the problem and you will be able to work on it.
- Lay down and bend your knees with your heels stuck on the floor.
- Now gently raise your hip, thighs, and upper body.
- Make sure that your hip, shoulder, and knees all are in a straight line.
- Try holding it on the position and after a few seconds bring your hip back to the floor.
- Rest and do again, try to repeat 10 times.
Well, these are a few of the many back pain exercises that help you to avoid your back pain before it converts into a serious issue. You can also consult your doctor who might have more suggestions for curing your back pain.
Those who have a busy schedule and cannot take out time for exercise may easily give just 15 minutes before going to sleep or 15 minutes after you wake-up in the morning. While exercising is important, what is more, important is to have a scientifically designed mattress that offers Orthopaedic comfort and keeps your free from back pain.
Low-quality mattresses have the issue of sagging resulting in tossing and turning all night. At Coirfit, our manufacturing team caters to designs recommended by doctors. We have the best back care mattresses which offer correct alignment to your body and release pressure points. Talk to our sleep expert and find the best back care mattress for your bed.
To know more, visit: https://www.coirfitmattress.com/
Contact Us @ 1800 572 9915 (Toll Free)
To know more about Coirfit Updates and Sleep Tips, Binge on-
- 5 Sleep Accessories to Invest in this Winter
- How to Keep Coirfit Sofa Cum Bed Clean
- How to Select The Best Mattress Offline – Coirfit Mattress
- Yikes! You Need a Waterproof Mattress Protector Right Now.
- 6 Diwali Cleaning Tips You Have To Try – Coirfit Mattress
- Diwali Gifts for Loved Ones – Coirfit Mattress